Our Little Keys Programme is designed for Children between the ages of 4 - 7.
It has been designed as a fun and accessible step by step programme to start Children off on the right track with learning the piano.
Children who study music tend to have larger vocabularies and more advanced reading skills than their peers who do not participate in music lessons.
The Little Keys Programme is delivered in small groups of no more than six children :
All students start by learning new pieces by singing the words of the song, and then progress to 'singing' the solfege notes they are about to play (doh, reh, mi etc). From here, it's much easier to apply those notes to the piano, where they will learn to play the music.
All song learning is also supported by note reading, rhythm games, performance opportunity in class and our annual end of year concert.
Young children who take music lessons show different brain development and improved memory over the course of a year, compared to children who do not receive musical training.
Each class is weekly - however because all children learn at different rates, each child will also recieve 20 minutes of one-on-one tuition, twice termly. This contact time is absolutely vital in making sure that no child is left behind in their learning - and for those a little further ahead, it allows the learning of additional pieces outside of the 'core syllabus' for a truly personalised approach.
Little Keys Features:
- All materials and resources included in the lesson cost.
- Your Child will learn to read music notation and rhythm notation from the first lesson.
- There is a focus on learning music by rote and memory.
- Singing, Dancing and Games keep the traditional learning of an instrument light-hearted and fun.
- By the end of the first year most children will be able to play two-handed piano fluently.
- Performance opportunities in class and annually at a larger Concert.
How to find us
GET IN TOUCH